Welcome to Bloom Network, an international community of regenerative culture makers! This page will orient you to Bloom’s online network tools for members. These are all places where you can contribute and self-organize collaborations.
Code of Conduct and Member Voting Rights
Our code of conduct is called the Vibrant Heart of Bloom. We request that you review it and uphold it in your time with Bloom online and IRL, and please contribute to it with practices you’ve found helpful for communities that collaborate in healthy ways. If you have any questions about Bloom, or ways you want to contribute, please get in touch anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
Members will be able to vote on what programs Bloom Network puts resources into, self-organize working groups, and much more. During 2019-2020 we are formalizing this process into a programmable organization, sometimes called a DAO (decentralized autonomous organization).
Online Networking Tools for Action-Oriented Collaboration
These are our main digital networking tools as of 2019.
- Global Change Collective (runs on ProFinda): The GCC is action-focused social networking. Find experts, contributors, and more. With built-in augmented intelligence – in service to you, not selling ads.
- Video Calls
- Local Bloom Action Networks
Pollination attendees and Bloom Network members can propose online trainings or dialogues. This supports networking across existing initiatives and people. You can offer to teach/facilitate, or simply request a topic.
Share and find tools for regenerative culture, such as how-to’s, best practices, and more. The wiki is publicly viewable, and member-editable. Right now how contributing to it works is that you need to email email@example.com and request an editor login. Here is a map of what we plan to build it out to cover.
Global Change Collective
What is the GCC? The Global Change Collective is an AI powered digital network connecting thought leaders, influencers and senior professionals from around the world passionate about preserving our planet. Several networks in addition to Bloom Network are present there, working on climate change and all its interconnected issues.
This is the primary online networking tool we use, focused on practical collaboration and supporting each other in action. We know there are many related tools in development – this one works right now and makes it easy to collaborate across multiple networks in one space around common goals.
The advanced AI matching technology intelligently maps people within the platform based on their skills and expertise. You can ask questions of the GCC network, create projects, post events, and instantly be matched to the right people with the right knowledge to help you.
Your data rights stick with Bloom Network and in the platform – they are not used to make profits. GCC’s API is open, so in the future as we connect more tools for member collaboration, we plan to make an integrated sign-on experience so you can smoothly go between the GCC and other platforms.
The software the GCC uses is called ProFinda – originally developed for large corporations to match talent across departments and locations within a single company. Several of their employees decided to apply it to multiple global networks focused on climate change and all its interconnected issues! It’s an awesome example of a company applying their tech for social purpose, and it’s how we think social networking and machine intelligence tools should be used right now. <3
Getting Set Up on the GCC
- Step 1: Request access here – GCC Sign Up
- Within a few days of that, you will receive an email with a link to complete your profile.
Fully complete your profile as best you can. The more information about you, your expertise and knowledge you include on your profile the easier it will be for you to match with people and projects relevant to you.
- ****Make sure you tag yourself under ‘Member Organisation’ as a ‘Bloom Network’ member so other Bloom members can find you.
- This tool looks simple, but it has a lot of functionality. We recommend you dive in as soon as you set up your profile: post a question related to a project you’re working on, or interact with an existing post. We’ve found that it takes a few sessions of surfing around and engaging to get the hang of how to use it.
- Post questions and engage with others regularly. The system continues to learn what is relevant to you based on the questions you ask and the tasks you match to, so the more you interact the more effectively you can match to people and projects you want to find.
- Be the change you want to see. The GCC is a space for proactive people from varying backgrounds around the world to share knowledge and collaborate more effectively than has ever been possible before. All we ask is that you seek to engage with your fellow peers with respect and actively drive positive change.
Detailed walk-through video is here. We plan to make shorter videos explaining each feature. But really, the best way to get the hang of it is just get in there and use it.
Tips for Integrating Across These Tools:
From conversations within the Global Change Collective, you may find that you want to add a wiki post to Bloom Network’s main site for a more public set of people to access. You may also find that you’d like to jump into a deeper conversation with people or offer an online skillshare. Please utilize the wiki and video calls to support your passions!
Perhaps most importantly: did you just find out about something really rad through any of these channels? Get involved locally! Host a local Bloom action, find or start your local Bloom network, convince your company to make a change. Apply this stuff in real life!
As we build development capacity we will build an integrated portal between these tools and more. Thank you for your patience with the manual toggling between them for now.
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
May your time with Bloom flourish with love, compassion and community support